|2.5 lb||Baking potatoes||1.3 kg|
|1 cup||Fat-free sour cream||250 ml|
|1 1/2 cup||Low fat refried beans (optional)||398 ml|
|2 1/2 cup||Mild or medium chunk salsa|
|1 cup||Grated light old cheddar cheese||250 ml|
|1/2 cup||Grated light Monterey Jack cheese||125 ml|
1. Wash and pierce potatoes. Leave skins on. Place each potato on a piece of paper towel.
2. Microwave on high for 10-15 minutes or until done.
3. Remove paper towel. With serrated knife, cut potatoes into 1/4 inch (5 mm) slices.
4. Place sliced potatoes in a lightly greased 8x12 inch (3L) microwave-safe baking dish. Pour the sour cream over the potatoes. Top with salsa and grated cheese.
5. Microwave for 4-1/2 minutes at medium-high power. Let sit for 5 minutes and serve.
Leftovers keep well in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Cooking for just two? Halve the recipe and use an 8x8 inch pan.
To make this a main meal, add heart-healthy Mexican refried beans. Spoon them over the sour cream, top with salsa and cheese, microwave for 5 minutes at medium-high. Let sit 5 minutes and serve
Nutrient Analysis Per Serving:
RECIPE CREDIT PEI Potato Board